ControlTable Treatment Program Generator
Overview of parameters in control table Treatment Program Generator. This table is available in PlanWise and StandWise and contains settings for how management programs are constructed.
Usage: see Heureka online help documentation.
- 1 Treatment timing - General
- 2 Treatment timing - Strategic planning
- 3 Treatment timing - Tactical planning
- 4 Fertilization
- 5 Biofuel Extraction
- 6 Treatment Proposals
Treatment timing - General
Allows you to control how treatment programs are generated.
- Type of management system to generate treatment programs for:
- EvenAged generates alternatives for even-aged management.
- Uneven-aged (CCF) generates alternatives for continuous cover management (also referred to as CCF, uneven-aged, selective felling, or selection harvesting).
- Unmanaged generates an alternative without any treatments.
Thinning Period Delay Max
- Defines the number of periods, from a certain stand age, to vary the simulation of first thinning.
High Priority Thinning Criteria
- If a stand is so dense that the thinning grade suggested by the thinning guide exceeds this value, then the thinning is not allowed to be postponed further.
Rotation Age Adjustment Factor
- Rotation age adjustment factor. Lowest final felling age is multiplied with this factor. For example, factor 1.1 means that the miniumm rotation age allowed is increased by 10%.
Final Felling Period Min
- Defines the minimum number of 5-year periods to postpone final felling after the corresponding lowest allowable stand age has been reached.
Final Felling Period Max
- Defines the maximum number 5-year periods to postpone final felling after the corresponding lowest allowable stand age has been reached.
Treatment timing - Strategic planning
- True: Only save programs that include cleanings, if cleaning is recommended according to guide.
- False: Do not save programs without cleanings, if cleaning is recommended according to guide.
- True: If thinning is possible before a certain final felling period, then only programs with thinnings are saved, given that final felling period.
- False: Programs without thinnings are also saved, even if thinning is possible according to thinning guide.
Cleaning Period Delay Max
- Defines the number of periods, from a certain stand age, to vary the simulation of cleaning.
Max Number of Thinnings
- Defines the maximum number of thinnings to be simulated in a treatment unit, in the same generation.
Min Time Between Thinning and Final Felling
- Defines the minimum periods between thinning and final felling.
Min Time Between Two Thinnings
- Defines the minimum number of periods between thinnings simulated in a treatment unit.
- Defines the order, by Prio1, Prio2, and Prio3, in which treatments are to be generated in the alternative programs.
Treatment timing - Tactical planning
Note that "tactical planning" is about much more than to generate stand management programs, but PlanWise support for tactical planning is limited to this. This mean the tactical TPG could be used for generating forest input data to some other (external) model for tactical planning, that takes into account for example road planning.
Include Final Felling
If true, final felling is included if possible during the tactical planning horizon. If false, final felling is ignored as an option during the tactical horizon.
If true, thinning is included if possible during the tactical planning horizon. If false, thinning is ignored as an option during the tactical horizon.
If true, a program without harvesting during the tactical horizon is included. If false, all programs generated must include a harvest treatment during the tactical planning horizon.
Allows you to control if and how fertilization programs are generated.
- Allows you to select the type of system to generate alternative programs (in treatment units where site and stand restricitions are met) according to:
- FP_NONE generates alternatives without any fertilization (default).
- FP_FIRSTTHIN generates alternatives with fertilization prior to first thinning.
- FP_FINALFELLING generates alternatives with fertilization prior to final felling.
- FP_FINALFELLING_TIMESTWO generates alternatives with two fertilizations, with a time interval of five years, prior to final felling.
- FP_LASTTHIN_AND_FINALFELLING generates alternatives with fertilization prior to last thinning and final felling.
- FP_EVERY_THIN generates alternatives with fertilization prior to all thinnings.
- FP_EVERY_HARVEST generates alternatives with fertilization prior to all harvests.
- FP_INTENSIVE generates alternatives with intensive fertilization, performed already in young stands and repeated with a certain time interval. Note that certain site restrictions must be met to allow for intensive fertilization.
- FP_EVERY_TEN_YEARS generates fertilization every ten years, irrespective of occurence of harvesting.
Settings to determine if biofuel should extracted after an harvest operation.
Set to true if biofuel should be extracted after final
Set to true if biofuel should be extracted after thinning.
Set to true if biofuel should be extracted after selection felling.
- True: User-defined treatment proposals should be applied, if available.
- False: Ignore treatment proposals.
Override Min Final Felling Age
- True: Final felling proposals are always applied.
- False: If mean age calculated by Heureka is less than minimum final age then the final felling proposal is not applied.
Override Thinning Check
- True: Thinning proposals are always applied.
- False: If thinning is not applicable in the given period according to the condition used by Heureka then the thinning proposal is not applied.
Treatment Proposals Missing
Handling of stands that have no treatment proposals.
- NoActivity: Do not apply any treatments during first 10 years to stands that have no proposals.
- LetPtgDecide: Generate treatment programs according to control category settings.