From Heureka Wiki
Ivent is an application to be installed on a handheld Windows Mobile device. It is used for field inventory of sample plots. The inventory of a sample plot includes the registration of tree and site characteristics. The application can retrieve data from peripheral devices (through Bluetooth (TM)), including a digital caliper (for tree diameter measurement), a clinometer (for tree height measurement), a GPS, and a new tree positioning device (PosTex).
- Windows Mobile device with Windows Mobile 5 or later.
- Download IventSetup_(version).cab] from 
- Connect the Windows Mobile Device to your PC with ActiveSync (Windows XP) or with Mobile Device Center (Windows Vista)
- Copy the setup file för Ivent (IventSetup_(version).cab) to the device
- From within the device's Explorer, install Ivent by double-clicking on the setup file.
- Copy the database file created in PlanStart / Inventory (.sdf) to the device, for example to folder \My Documents\Databases\XX\, where XX is s subfolder to DatabasePath which by default is set to "\My documents\Databases\" (see Ivent Settings)
It may be necessary to install some additional libraries, depending on the configuration on the device. You can find these components (cab-files) here: https://www.heurekaslu.se/filerepository/Ivent/. The files are
- .NET Compact Framework: file NETCFv2.wce5.armv4i.cab. Probably not necessary if you have Windows Mobile 6.0 or later
- SQL Server Compact Edition: file sql.ppc.wce5.armv4i.cab