- If vegetation type is missing, site index and soil moisture are used to set a default value for it. Read more
- Several bugs have been discovered and fixed that affected the new functionality for handling retention patches introduced in version 1.9.4.
- Some bugs have been discovered and fixed that affected the handling of user defined treatment proposals.
- Additional site feature variables can be imported from FMPP-data (Indelningspaketet).
- Forest fuel extraction result variables are more detailed and divided into species and tree fractions.
- The help documentation has been extended to describe the Treatment Program Generator (TPG) in PlanWise, and the difference between the Strategic TPG and the Tactical TPG.
- If vegetation type has been missing, the program has set it to the most common vegetation type in Sweden, which is bilberry (blåbärsttyp). A more refined lookup table has now been implemented, using site index and soil moisture class as lookup variables if vegetation type is missing.
- The number of tree objects (i.e. number of caliper trees) in a stand has a great impact on computation times and memory usage when running large scale simulations in PlanWise (and in RegWise depending on what data is used). For example, the time to generate treatment programs for a stand may vary from a few seconds to half a minute or even more, depending on the number of sample plots and the number of caliper trees on each plot. In some situations, execution time can be unacceptably long, and to overcome this a tree data aggregation algorithm has been implemented. If activated, this algorithm aggregates tree records stored in the database into fewer "runtime" tree objects by grouping the trees into diameter classes. The aggregation is activated under menu Settings > Performance. For each sample plot, species group, diameter class, and tree type (tree, sapling, overstorey tree, retention tree, etc.), a new "class tree" is thus created which substitutes the trees in the class. The diameter class width is 1 cm by default, and tests show that growth projections are affected only marginally by the aggregation. The diameter of the class tree is the quadratic mean diameter of the trees in the class.
- Import of data from FMPP (Indelningspaketet) has been extended to handle extended versions of the file ytor.dat. CountyCode, VegetationType (Heureka type), LateralWater (rörligt markvatten), Bottom Field Layer, SoilTexture, and sample plot coordinates can be imported this way. These data must be added to the file ytor.dat in a specific order, as a "tail" to the original records of type "posttyp 1".
- Forest fuel extraction results have until now been represented as total harvest residues and stumps. These are now divided into species groups and tree fractions. The new result variables are placed in the result category Financial Data, as "Biofuel Extracted".
- Since the previous release (1.9.4), retention patches can be imported as their own stands, and be linked to their "parent" stands within which they are located. This functionality is now available in the tree list importer as well (the tree list importer is a more detailed version of the stand register importer, allowing you to import plot and caliper tree data http://heureka.ad.slu.se/help/index.html?importera_bestand_med_provytor.htm).
- Selection of treatment units from file, in the area control in PlanWise and RegWise, is now much faster, and will work on very large datasets.
- Map legends (teckenförklaringar) for integer variables have been modified to work more consistently.
- The activation of user defined treatment proposals in simulations are hopefully more intuitive. If treatment proposals have been imported in PlanWise, they are now activated and run by default. To ignore them, you only have to uncheck the check box when running the TPG. In previous versions, you also had to activate them by setting Apply Proposals = True in control table Treatment Program Generator. Also, the control table parameter "Treatment Proposals Missing" is set to LetTpgDecide by default, meaning that treatments are simulated from period 0 for stands that have no treatment proposals. In previous versions, it was set to NoActivity by default, meaning that no treatments were simulated for these stands during the first 10 years when Apply Proposals was set to true.
- Setting "PlantCostArea" in control table Cost and Revenues is now used if the cost per plant ("SaplingPlantCost") is set to 0 for the planted species.
- Sowing of pine in PlanWise is working again.
- The generation of treatment programs in the tactical TPG has been slightly faulty because of an error in the calculation of the so called terminal value part of the net present value. This has been fixed. The problem has not affected the "ordinary" strategic TPG.
- Retention of nature conservation trees in RegWise is now working, it has never been activated in RegWise.
- Fixed a problem that occured when importing a stand register with a minimal set of columns (i.e. when not using a predefined stand regiter template but only relying on column names).
- Fixed memory leak that occurred when running large simulations with linked retention patches (new functionality in version 1.9.4).
- In version 1.9.4, an error occured when generating reports in RegWise. This was due to the moving of variable ForestDomain to the TreatmentUnit result category. This has been fixed.
- Fixed problem when creating or removing reports located in the root folder for the report templates.
- Conditions in reports and forest domain using operator of typ 'not equal to' or 'not in' did not work with missing values (null values). This have been fixed.
- Additional indices (for example an additional period index) in optimization models are now stored correctly.
- Simulation of fertilization caused memory leak after introducing the possibility in version 1.9.4 to include multiple pricelists. This has been fixed.
- A problem with an internal numbering of control categories that sometimes caused the TPG to crash with an out of bounds exception has been fixed. The problem could occur after adding or removing control categories in a certain order.
- Recently fertilized stands are by default not eligible for harvesting until 10 years have passed since fertilization. The TPG would under certain conditions fail to generate a treatment program for such stands, more specifically if a stand was old and the user had set Final Felling Period Min to 0. This has been fixed, so that Min Final Felling Period Min is adjusted to a value large enough to allow at least one final felling period.
- A period index error in the report builder has been fixed, that occured when simultaneously simulating fertilization and enforcing user defined treatment proposals.
- Fixed a problem when using variables from TretmentUnit result category in report conditions, for example ForetData.MeanAge >= TreatmentUnit.MinFinalFellingAge would raise an exception error.
New chapter in help documentation
Chapter "Skapa skötselprogram i PlanVise" (http://heureka.ad.slu.se/help/index.html?skapa_skotselprog_planvis.htm) has been extended with a comprehensive description of the treatment program generator (TPG), and the difference between the strategic and the tactical TPG.