- Version 2.12 contains new functonality in RegWise to allow for the simulation of land use changes. Until now the only land use supported has been "Productive forestland". A new control table called "LandUse" has been added to the Domain Settings-type control category (RegWise only). The immediate use of this functionality is for the national greenhouse gas report.
- Non-productive forestland is now supported as land-use type, and new growth functions have been developed for this (Kenneth Nyström 2018).
- The bucking algorithm (utbytesberäkningen) now includes a possibility to let roundwood logs (both timber and pulpwwod) be downgraded to fuelwood. This is a decision made at the harvesting site, so fuelwood will be handled as a distinct assortment and assumed to be put in a separate log pile the road side. There are separate settings for pulpwood and timber. For example, you could enter a higher downgrading proportion for pulpwood. Timber can be downgraded to pulpwwod, fuel wood and to log cull. Pulpwood can be downgraded to fuelwood and log cull. Fuelwood from downgraded logs is reported as a new assortment, in volume units. This is distinct from harvest residues which is reported in biomass dry weight units (branches and tree tops, and whole trees from bio fuel thinnings).
- What was previously called Waste (vrak) has been renamed to Log Cull. It refers to logs downgraded at the industry but has until now been accounted for only as a decrease in saw timber revenue. Now the volume is explicitly reported, from downgrading of timber and pulpwood. This means that the timber and pulpwood volumes will be smaller in the new version (unless the waste proportion is zero).
- The default price for Log Cull (previously called Waste) has been changed from 80 to 0 SEK per volume unit.
- Harvesting and forwarding costs in storm-felled stands can be adjusted with time consumption adjustment factors (RegWise).
- The Dead Wood result variables now also include decay class distribution per species class.
- All random seeds that were previously located in different control tables have been replaced with one single seed that you enter when you start a simulation.
- The HeurekaAPI has several fixes.
- Understorey cleaning introduced in version 2.11 has new default parameters: 500 instead of 800 stems/ha with diameter < 7 cm is enough to trigger an understorey cleaning before a thinning. Also, 200 instead of 500 stems/ha are kept as default. All understorey stems in strip roads are removed if understorey cleaning is conducted. No percentage of the proportion to remove is entered, instead the number of residual stems determine how many understorey trees that are removed.
- The minimum thinning diameter was increased from 4 cm to 8 cm in version 2.11. This may lead to unintended thinnings from above in young stands, if no understorey cleaning is conducted. The minimum diameter has been increased to 7 cm. This is also the new diameter limit for understorey trees.
Updates for version 2.12
The default pricelist file embedded in the installation was corrupt.
Minor bug fixes.
Bug fixes, including fix of import error introduced in 2.12.2
New result variables
The following result variables have been added.
|Fuelwood Volume||Financial Value||m3fub/ha||...|
|Fuelwood Revenue||Financial Value||revenue per ha||...|
|Log Cull Volume||Financial Value||m3fub/ha||...|
|Log Cull Revenue||Financial Value||revenue per ha||...|
|Land Use Data||Land Use Data||New result group (RegWise only) with several new result variables|
|Decay Class per Species||Dead Wood Data||m3/ha||Volume per decay class and species group (pine, spruce, other)|
A detailed list of the assortment variables are described in a new Help section.
Bug fixes and other changes
|0000243||TPG||minor||Takes verý long time to cancel TPG simulation||2.12.3||fixed||Om man avbryter en TPG med många tu, t ex 10000 st, precis när man har startat den under fasen "Setting aside for nature conservation..." , så tar det märkligt lång tid att avbryta. Saknas det kod som fångar "pending Cancel" när NC-ytor ska skapas?
|0000249||RegWise simulation||major||Application crashes when loading prediction units with treatment history||2.12.3||fixed||Application crashes when loading prediction units with treatment history|
|0000241||Project handling||minor||Cannot change selected ingrowth species||2.12.3||fixed||In the Production Model control table, you can inactivate species from being included as natural ingrowth. But the selection dialog has stopped working.|
|0000064||Optimization||minor||Error when adding StandObjectData.PropContorta etc to optimization model||2.12.3||fixed||Detta inträffar för alla StandObjectData.PropX-variabler, där X = Pine, Sprice etc.|
|0000242||Optimization||major||Cannot compile model with an incorrect Area Type||2.12.3||fixed||Inner Exception:
Indexet låg utanför gränserna för matrisen.
|0000248||Optimization||minor||If objective function label is not "ObjFunc", then objective function value is not saved with optimization result||2.12.3||fixed||Optimization model and solver results are saved after a successfull solve. But if the use has changed the name of the objective function to othe rthan "ObjFunc", no value is saved.|
|0000245||Data import||major||Prompted for "Create NC-areas?" twice during same import||2.12.3||fixed||När jag importerar bifogat register får jag frågan två gånger om jag vill skapa NC-areor. Sedan blir det ett importfel men felmeddelandet ger endast information om på vilken rad felet inträffar. Oklart om radnumret inkludera rubrikraden, på raden efter är stamantalet uppenbarligen felaktigt (för lågt).|
|0000251||Data import||major||Incorrect column mappings when importing Stand Registers||2.12.3||fixed||Upon stand register importing, the columns are mapped incorrectly. The data will not be reliable, if it even gets past the import validation stage.|
|0000238||TPG||major||TPG Exception||2.12.2||fixed||TPG Error for treatment unit ----- : OLE DB provider 'STREAM' for linked server '(null)' returned invalid data for column '[!BulkInsert].ThinningIntensity'.
Inträffar när jag kör strategisk TPG för bestånd som har åtgärdsförslag.
|0000239||TPG||crash||Fel i prislista med pristrend||2.12.2||fixed||Får felet "TPG Error for treatment unit ...: Error calculating value, possibly because the pricelist is not calculated".
Prislistan är skapad i version 2.11, och felet uppstår när man kör version 2.12.
|0000236||Project handling||minor||When selecting entire areas, initial state will be calculated multiple times||2.12.2||fixed||Sometimes when selecting an entire area with sub areas in analysis area control, initial state will be calculated once for every stand added.|
|0000235||Optimization||minor||Can not save CSV in optimization results column view||2.12.2||fixed||Program crashes when trying to save a CSV of optimization results from column view if no treatment unit was selected|
|0000237||Data import||major||Värden mappas till fel kolumner||2.12.2||fixed||För bifogat beståndsregister mappas kolumnen "AVD_ID_FRAN_REG" till UserDefined6 i ena fallet och till "UserDefined8" i det andra fallet. Misstänker att det beror på kolumen "LSP_Huggform" som inte är avsedd att importeras då det är en textkolumn. LSP_Huggform innehåller cellvärden med mellanslag i textsträngarna, och den ligger omedelbart före AVD_ID_FRAN_REG,|
|0000225||TPG||major||Exception and suspected error in NPV-calculation in tactical TPG||2.12.0||fixed||Soil expectation value and terminal value were incorrectly calculated when the final felling treatment occurred in the period after the last planning period.|
|0000227||TPG||major||No harvest revenues are reported if a schedule includes biofuel thinning||2.12.0||fixed||Error introduced in version 2.11. If young stand thinning type was set to "Biofuel thinning", then in subsequent thinning and final fellings, all roundwood was extracted as bio fuel instead of timber and pulpwood.|
|0000216||RegWise simulation||minor||"Show simulation report" that displays simulation settings is not available in RegWise||2.12.0||fixed||Gjorda simuleringar i RegVis listas i fliken Resultat - Detaljer. Om man högerklickar på en sådan får man möjlighet att "Visa optmeringsinformation". Detta är inte relevant i RegVis.
Dessutom saknas möjligheten att välja "Visa simuleringsrapport" (som finns i fliken TPG Resultat i PlanVis)
|0000217||RegWise simulation||major||Even if all random seeds are set to fixed value, unexpected differences between simulation occur||2.12.0||fixed||Even if all random seed were set to fixed values, two simulation results that weer expected to be identical were not. Reason was that for some function, the random seed could not be set to a fixed value.|
|0000234||RegWise simulation||major||Changing database will disable selection of inventory years||2.12.0||fixed||After changing database from 1988 - 1992 to 2008-2012, you can no longer change inventory years. Instead it remains locked to 2008.|
|0000218||Project handling||major||Application throws error message when double clicking project from Windows Explorer||2.12.0||fixed||The project is now loaded AFTER the entire main form has finished loading|
|0000219||Project handling||minor||Loading previous databases locks the GUI||2.12.0||fixed||When starting a new project and selecting databases, the loading of previously selected databases is performed on the GUI thread, locking the user interface. This could lead to a uynexpected program termination.|
|0000221||Project handling||minor||Random seeds in too many different locations||2.12.0||fixed||Random seed is now configured in the Simulation dialog only. An additional random seed is added to RegWise for Control category assignment|
|0000231||Project handling||trivial||Opening the database name combo box closes it immediatelly||2.12.0||fixed||When the database name combo box is finished populating, the combo box is closed and the user must open it again.|
|0000215||Other||minor||Rerun simulations doesn't calculate alternatives for unmanaged treatment units||2.12.0||fixed||(RegWise) When running the function "Rerun simulation" on a simulation that included both unmanaged and evenaged management programs, the unmanaged programs were not recreated.|
|0000222||Other||feature||New function: Allow tIme consumption to increase for harvesting operations in storm felled stands||2.12.0||open||Se aktivitet 443:|
|0000224||Other||minor||Pricelist name changes are not saved||2.12.0||fixed||Can not change pricelist names|
|0000229||Other||minor||Zips fails to be extracted||2.12.0||fixed||Zip files can sometimes fail to extract, probably due to system culture settings.|
|0000233||Other||minor||Program crashes if user lacks write permission on custom Common directory||2.12.0||fixed||If the user had set a custom Common directory in the path settings and but had no write permission or was unable to write to this diretory for some other reason (for example disk removed), the program would crash and then attempt to write to that location again when restarting the program, etc.|
|0000220||Optimization||feature||Incorrect solver finished message for some solvers||2.12.0||fixed||LPSolve, and maybe others, will not return an "Infeasible" solver status when a solution could not be found. The resulting dialog showed a confusing error message.|
|0000230||Optimization||trivial||MissingValueSubstitute is redundant in optimization model||2.12.0||fixed||For an optimization model parameter, there was a property called "Missing Value Substitute" which is redundant since the "Default value" takes care of missing values.|
|0000232||General||minor||Path in Path Settings not used for some features||2.12.0||fixed||If the used had entered a custom path, this path was not used for log files and DotSpatial plugin handling.|
|0000228||Forest Domain Builder||minor||Trying to cancel deletion of control category seemingly fails||2.12.0||fixed||If you right-clicked a control category to delete it, but aborted the delete-operation by choosing Cancel, the control category apparently was removed anyway. But it was actually still there, if you reopened the project you could see it had not been deleted. The expected behaviour is of course that it should be visible after choosing Cancel which has no wbeen fixed.|
|0000223||Control categories||minor||ManagementSystem result sometimes lacks value||2.12.0||fixed||The result variables AlternativeSummaryData.ManagementSystem and TreatmentData.ManagementSystem were missing values if the control category used did not contain a distinct Treatment Program Generator control table.|
|0000226||Control categories||minor||Reference error when loading multiple control tables of the same type from file||2.12.0||fixed||Newly deserialized control tables will always be a new instance instead of a cached copy of a previous instance|